International traveling comes with its own share of challenges such as misplaced baggage, missed connecting flights, travel insurance, and foreign currency conversion. Therefore, having a credit card in your wallet will keep such worries at bay when you are overseas.
Credit cards offering dining, traveling, and shopping deals overseas while offering various other facilities such as airport lounge access will surely make your travel more pleasant.
So, you might be wondering which travel card you should go for? Let me cut to the chase for you and narrow down the choices to top 6 credit cards in India for international travel.
6 BestCredit Card For International Travel India
1) Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveler Credit Card
Titanium Smart Traveler credit card from Axis Bank really make your trips more rewarding. Besides offering the best bonuses and loyalty rewards, you are offered fuel surcharge waiver helping you save a significant amount of money on travel. Have a look at the features and benefits of this credit card –
- The interest rate is 3.25% per month
- Joining fee for the card is Rs. 250
- Annual Fee is Rs. 100 (waived off if the spending exceeds Rs. 50,000)
- You get to receive 8 eDGE loyalty reward points along with 500 offers & rewards on making transactions using the card.
- You are offered a 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps throughout India
- You get to enjoy 8 points per Rs. 200 spent on the card while traveling abroad.
- You get 4 points per Rs. 200 spent on train, bus, and airline bookings, hotel stays and hotel packages in India.
2) HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
This card is apt for traveling, dining, and spending on entertainment. Here are the features and benefits of having this credit card –
- The card has an annual fee of Rs. 9999
- The interest rate is Rs. 23.88%
- If you have this card, you are offered 2% foreign currency markup on all spends using foreign currency.
- You have the opportunity of earning complimentary Taj Epicure Plus membership and enjoy once in a lifetime opportunity of experiencing the luxury of Taj Hotels and Resorts.
- If you are a Regalia cardholder, you are allowed extra 5 kilograms’ baggage along with priority airport check-in and boarding.
- You can also convert your reward points into air miles of world’s leading global and domestic airlines.
- You can win Club Vistara Silver membership allowing you to avail benefits on Vistara comprising 6 Club Vistara points per Rs. 100 spent on all Vistara flights.
- There is 0% surcharge offered on fuel expenses when you spend a minimum of Rs. 400.
3) Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
PremierMiles credit card offers you complimentary air travel and also a choice of more than 100 airlines. You can also earn air miles on all spends and can be redeemed for hotel stays, flights, and car rentals. Below-mentioned are the features and benefits of the credit card –
- The annual fee is Rs. The 3,000
- The variable interest rate ranges from 37.20% and 42% per annum.
- You get to win 4 miles for Rs. 100 spent on other transactions using the card.
- You can win 10 miles for every Rs. 100 spent on airline bookings.
- You get 3000 air miles on card renewal.
- You are also offered complimentary access to airport lounges throughout India.
- You can earn one Frequent Flyer Air Mile on transferring every 2 miles on Malaysia Airlines, Air India, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, and Etihad Airways.
- You have the provision of redeeming the miles, earned by you, across more than 100 global and domestic airlines.
4) American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
Platinum Travel credit card offers membership reward points along with airline miles and you can redeem them across numerous airlines. The features and benefits of the card are as follows –
- Joining fee for the card is Rs. 3,500 and the annual fee is Rs. 5,000.
- The interest rate is Rs. 40.2%
- You will receive 3% cashback at all fuel stations throughout the country.
- On spending Rs. 1.90 lakhs in a year, you will receive IndiGo vouchers worth of more than Rs. 7700.
- You are offered a Milestone Bonus of 5000 Membership Rewards Points and you can redeem them for IndiGo vouchers worth Rs. 4,000.
- When you spend Rs. 4 lakhs in a year, you will receive a voucher from the Taj Group worth Rs. 10,000 along with IndiGo vouchers having worth over Rs. 11, 800
5) HSBC MakeMyTrip Signature Credit Card
If you really want to make the most of the shopping and traveling, then you need to have this credit card. This card not only offer some of the best discount vouchers and reward points, but it also offers free flight tickets at regular intervals. Here are the benefits and features of the credit card –
- Enjoy discounts of up to 20% in some of the leading cities.
- You receive 10 points for every Rs. 100 spent on www.makemytrip.com.
- If the fuel transactions range between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000, you will receive a fuel surcharge waiver of 2.5% per month.
- You will receive 4 points for every Rs. 100 spent on other merchant sites.
6) Yatra SBI Credit Card
This credit card offers you some of the best deals for travels. Along with unlimited travel benefits, you are also offered reward points for shopping. Have a look at both the features and benefits of this card –
- The joining fee and annual fee of this card are Rs. 499 along with taxes.
- You will get 2 vouchers worth Rs. 1000 each time you travel overseas.
- For your fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 you get a fuel surcharge waiver of 2.5% across all petrol pumps in India.
- You can have exclusive access to premium Mastercard airport lounges across India.
- You will get 1 voucher worth Rs. 750 when you book your hotel stay using the credit card.
- You are offered 6X bonus points when you make purchases on www.yatra.com.
What do you think about this These credit cards? Let me hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!
Here are some posts you might want to check out next: