how to secure a wifi network and different ways to secure a wireless network
we have a home wireless network to secure today I am showing steps secure wifi network, different ways secure wireless network only in 5 steps.
secure wifi network
1) Log in to your wireless router
- You never have to log into your wireless router, see the router model, and find the default IP address, username, and password, then log in.
- For example, if your wireless router’s default IP address of 192.168.1.1 the default user admin, and the default password will be admin the password is given the router.
2) How to Login just follow the simple steps.
Open Internet Explorer and type in the address http://192.168.1.12. When prompted, the username admin and the password will be empty.
3) Enable Encryption
It is important to use encryption on the wireless network. Not only does the network intruders away, it is also secretly listening to your network traffic. Type of two key encryption is listed below. Please also note that any encryption on wireless router each wireless device that needs to connect to the Internet should be able to.
- A) WEP – it is still the most common type of encryption is enabled on the wireless router. about 2 minutes that could be broken by hackers in a serious, but keep the neighbors out of individual password.
- B) WPA2 – it is becoming the most common type of encryption and the new wireless is enabled on routers. WPA2 WEP is more secure than the agreement have not been yet, but some older types of equipment available at wireless
difference between WPA2, WEP, or MAC Filtering
WPA2 encryption to keep intruders off your network, you have the most secure way that older devices will not support WPA2, WEP encryption encouraged you are unsure how to setup, MAC filtering at the easiest to setup less secure,
4) Disable SSID Broadcasting
This option determines that people can not see or your wireless signal. Not necessarily because it is recommended, however, keep your network invisible to the general nosy neighbor, it will not protect your network from hackers Hogakisi serious. It can also set up your own devices on the wireless network more difficult. Therefore, it is good to know how it works, but always SSID broadcast disables encryption password just do not trust you to keep your network secure.
5) Install Who’s On My Wifi
Download and install on a desktop computer which is always on my WiFi Apakigr or office software. Who are some of your networks by scanning each detection engine acts as Hamid My WiFi to see if anyone is on your network. People can get in breaking WEP encryption , through a MAC filter faking, somehow breaking WPA2 or good old-fashioned hard-line plugging in the router instead of directly connecting via wireless. Monitoring wireless network’s someone for intruders to gain the final step.